Monday, March 23, 2015

Interview Questions

For my project, I want to interview two people/ groups of people.  First, I am going to interview a pastor.  Prior to marrying a couple, a pastor has "couple's talks" with the new duo.  He/she talks to them about their intentions in marriage and what they love about each other.  They do this to both aid in the process of marriage and to gain knowledge about the couple to say during the wedding ceremony. I will be considering a pastor as a sort of "love expert."  Some of the questions I will be asking him are:
1. What types of questions do you ask couples?
2. Why do you hold couples sessions before a couple gets married?
3. How long have you been doing this for couples?
4. What are some things that you see in a couple that make you think it will be a successful marriage?
5. What are some indicators that make you think a marriage might be more likely to fail?
6. What is the first word you think of when you hear "love"?
7. How would you define love?
I will also be talking with three groups of preschoolers.  One group will consist of all boys, one of all girls, and one of a mixture of boys and girls.  Some of the questions I will be asking all of the kids are:
1. What do you love?
2. How do you show your love to it or him/her?
3. Close your eyes and everybody at once say the first word you think of when you hear "love".
4. What does love mean?
I am not sure how well each of these questions will go over or with which questions I will get the best results, but I think these questions are a good starting point.  During the interviews, if I am not getting very good results, I will alter the questions and use additional questions to improve discussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment