I am going to research
the topic of love and how a person’s definition of love adapts and evolves with
age. Is young love merely
infatuation? Is there a finite age when
love becomes “achievable”? Does the
perception of love become more positive or negative as a person grows? My first goal will be to form a baseline
definition of love and understand the context of love, including what happens
biologically when a person is in love.
Then I will complete multiple interviews with young children, teenagers,
and adults. Through this process I hope
to also determine whether true love exists and what the relationship is between
sex and love. I have never been in love
myself. I have, however, had the privilege
to grow up with many examples of loving relationships all around me. For example, both sets of grandparents are
about at fifty years of marriage, my parents just celebrated twenty-five years,
and my aunts and uncles are still married as well. I have also been exposed to the hardships and
confusion that love can produce. The
majority of my close friends all have divorced parents and a few of my friends
have experienced some extreme heartache themselves. Even though love within my families’ lives
have been so inspiring, seeing the negative side of love has made me question
what love is. At some point, those
people too believed they had married their soul mates. So what was different in the relationships, or
was anything different? I think being
exposed to both sides of love will help me to maintain a more unbiased and
unprejudiced view about love and will give me reliable sources that depict
multiple views and interpretations of this immense emotion.
No comments:
Post a Comment