Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Review Thus Far...

Review of my Position Statement:
As I am a little over a quarter of the way through this process, I think back to my original position statement.  My purpose has been to decipher if a person's definition of love evolves with age.  As I am writing this post, I feel that I can completely declare that the definition of love is a lot more complex than a person would think.  If I had to say right now either way, yes it evolves or no it does not, I would say no.  There are changes that are made along the way.  As you grow up and mature, love becomes less about the material objects and more about words and actions.  I would not consider this a change in definition though.  The meaning of love is still consistent while how love is shown changes and becomes more sophisticated.
Review of my Notes:
Some of my main topics are the connection between love and sex, how experience defines future relationships, the effects being together a long time has on a couple, and the characteristics of a happy, "master" couple.  I find that my past blogs are helpful to me as I am making my argument on love.  I have several blogs that support my position that the definition of love does not change but rather how we show our love does and several that would probably more easily support the other side.  I do also have several blog posts that go outside of my main focus and bring in information that helps to define love in itself.  Although they do not all explicitly support my argument, I find that having a well-rounded grouping of resources will help my research paper to be more impartial.
Considering my Purpose and Role:
I find that neither my purpose for writing about this topic or my role to solve a problem has changed since I began writing this paper.  I feel that I started out interested in the topic of love because of the very diverse examples of love I have had all around me as I have grown up.  I still hope to find some sort of an answer for why a couple who once thought they were soul mates has come to hate each other, while another couple is still going just as strong as when they were married.  I also find that my paper is still heading in the direction of answering and solving the question of whether love evolves with age.
Reflecting on my Readers:
I would hope that anyone would be interested in reading my paper.  Love is a universal feeling and an emotion that every single person on this planet has felt or will feel.  Knowing what love is and how love changes as you do, is a topic that effects people across the board.  Who will actually read my paper?  I would assume that my audience is more female dominated with women who are seeking some sort of answers for why their love has failed and how they should adapt and change their views to fit some sort of ideal image.  I do not know that my paper will be able to answer every question on love, but I think it will work to answer questions on the correlation between love and sex, what the definition of love actually is, and, most importantly, the evolution of love with age.

One of the possible positions that could come from this research for my final paper is love and how a person's definition of love does not change with age, the only aspect that does change is how these feelings are shown to the loved people and things.

No comments:

Post a Comment